Southern Port Phillip Bay Wildlife Boat Tour & Ferry Package
- Dauer: 8 Stunden (ca.)
- Ort: Melbourne, VIC
- Produkt-Code: SPPBFP
Cruise across from Docklands, Melbourne on the Port Phillip Ferry Service (1 hour 20) and then be picked up at Portarlington by our wonderful transportation services, before heading to Queenscliff to spend a day on the water with Sea All Dolphin Swims! From there we will take you out on our own vessel Maureen, where you will meet the friendly (but wild) locals of Port Phillip Bay. Jump on board and watch the playful Australian Fur seals, spot pods of local Burrunan dolphins cruising the bay, be intrigued by the amazing bird life and marine life around Pope’s Eye and if your lucky spot and watch the Humpback whales as they journey past this iconic and historically significant coastline. (Approximately 1.5 hours on the water with our vessel Maureen sightseeing.)
After an unforgettable boat tour, indulge in a tasting plate at the local Queenscliff Brewhouse, before meandering around the Bellarine on the way back to Portarlington. Guests will enjoy an hour or so of free time in Portarlington before boarding their return ferry home.
Price includes return ferry ticket on the Port Phillip Bay Ferry to/from Docklands in Melbourne and tasting platter experience at the Queenscliff Brewhouse.
(Wednesday, Friday & Sundays Only) - Ferry departure times as followed:
Wednesday and Friday Bookings:
Ferry service departs Docklands at 9:30am, arrives Portarlington 10:50am for pick-up via one of our buses before adventuring to Queenscliff for a dolphin and seal sightsee tour and tasting platter.
Depart Portarlington on the return ferry at 3.45pm with arrival back to Docklands at 5.05pm
Ferry service departs Docklands at 10:45am, arrives Portarlington 12:05pm for pick-up via one of our buses before adventuring to Queenscliff for a dolphin and seal sightsee tour and tasting platter.
Depart Portarlington on the return ferry at 4.30pm with arrival back to Docklands at 5.50pm
Weekend schedule applies on public holidays.
Please note: There is a $5 environmental levy included as part of the price of this tour. This levy helps us help our oceans and will be put towards any of the following programs and research through our partnership charity SOEL (Southern Ocean Environmental Link):
- Plastic recycling education programs – funding will help us purchase more plastic recycling machinery for use within our recycling programs, facilitate our education sessions for school age children, and go toward community plastic reduction efforts.
- A Port Phillip Bay wide dolphin population study, utilising machine-based learning marine identification camera systems.
- Port Phillip Bay Seal Watch program – mapping the movement trends of Australian Fur Seals within Port Phillip Bay Haul Out sites.
- Marine pest (Northern Pacific Seastar) eradication study utilising machine-based learning identification systems.
- An investigation into the effects of ecotourism experiences on young people’s awareness and attitude toward marine conservation.
- We will also use these funds to invest in an accessibility hoist for Queenscliff Harbour, and in doing so create the first readily available accessibility point for marine tourism within Port Phillip Bay.
Visit www.soel.org to find out more or contribute further.