Local Wildlife Sightseeing
- Trvanie: 2 Hodín (cca.)
- Poloha: Queenscliff
- Kód produktu: LWST
Spend a few hours on the water with Sea All Dolphin Swims! From there we will take you out on our own vessel Maureen, where you will meet the friendly (but wild) locals of Port Phillip Bay. Jump on board and watch the playful Australian Fur seals, spot pods of local Burrunan dolphins cruising the bay, be intrigued by the amazing bird life and marine life around Pope’s Eye and if your lucky spot and watch the Humpback whales as they journey past this iconic and historically significant coastline (during the winter months only).
(Approximately 2 hours on the water with our vessel Maureen
Southern Port Phillip Bay is an incredible place. We find the animals interests being peaked and the interactions can be amazing!
Animals sightings include-
- Australian Fur Seals
- Burrunan Dolphins
- Short Beak Common Dolphins
- Common Bottlenose Dolphins
- Little penguins
- Humpback Whales
- Southern Right Whales
- Australasian Gannets
- Black browed Albatross
- White Faced Storm Petrel
This tour is a 2-hour experience and includes a 30-minute debrief/check-in and 2 hours on the water.
We will always do our best to accommodate people with different needs. Please contact our office to discuss any special requirements your group may have.
Please note: There is a $5 environmental levy included as part of the price of this tour. This levy helps us help our oceans and will be put towards any of the following programs and research through our partnership charity SOEL (Southern Ocean Environmental Link):
- Plastic recycling education programs – funding will help us purchase more plastic recycling machinery for use within our recycling programs, facilitate our education sessions for school age children, and go toward community plastic reduction efforts.
- A Port Phillip Bay wide dolphin population study, utilising machine-based learning marine identification camera systems.
- Port Phillip Bay Seal Watch program – mapping the movement trends of Australian Fur Seals within Port Phillip Bay Haul Out sites.
- Marine pest (Northern Pacific Seastar) eradication study utilising machine-based learning identification systems.
- An investigation into the effects of ecotourism experiences on young people’s awareness and attitude toward marine conservation.
- We will also use these funds to invest in an accessibility hoist for Queenscliff Harbour, and in doing so create the first readily available accessibility point for marine tourism within Port Phillip Bay.
Visit www.soel.org to find out more or contribute further.